Due to the continued poor weather we have decided to cancel the Beekeeping Husbandry session this Thursday. The current plan is to try again early in May, this will depend upon the weather.
Last weekend we were able to complete the Bailey comb changes on three hives, despite some very upset bees. Forage has been poor leading to reduced stores on several colonies, in fact we have started feeding two.
With this rain set to continue for the next couple of weeks we may have to start feeding more colonies.