Based upon some of the comments from the last post I thought I would post the attached European Field Guide.
One of our members contacted the distributor earlier this year and they provided the guide.
In addition the rules I use when applying MAQs are:
– Two strips only if bees on more than 7 frames brood and ideally on all frames within the brood box
– Apply one strip if 5-7 frames of brood and not at all if less
– If using only one strip place across the rear of the of the brood box (I am warm way) with the long edge of strip adjacent to last frame of brood
– Put varroa boards in, remove entrance blocks, (I have entrance blocks in year round)
– This week’s weather is ideal, cloudy and 19-21°C
My only fear this year is that there are a lot of wasps around and no entrance blocks could mean robbing, just hoping wasps hate Formic Acid as much as bees do…
This morning the colony photo’ed yesterday is all back within the hive.