Session 9th June


Although it had been raining on and off most of the day the weather improved dramatically for our session.

We opened upon colonies 3 and 5 for the first time in 3 weeks to check that we had a laying queen in each. Colony 3 had all stages of brood whilst colony did not have sealed brood. We moved colony 3 into a full size box and marked the queen in colony 5.

Colonies 2 and 7 were inspected and their floors replaced with mesh floors, 2 is still romping away with the brood box filling and another super was added (making it three in total). Colony 6 has grown to 6 frames of brood and is very calm.

We also looked at nucleus of a drone laying queen (even pattern and only drone brood), it is quite hard to spot first off as the brood is all even.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: